I feel my practise has significantly changed, especially in this past month. I feel experiential anatomy has played a huge part in development; as working with surface, alternating perceptions, (seeing out and internal awareness) yielding and yield and push/reach and pull have all been contributing factors. The imagery of the digestive tract has been an interesting source for me to work with. To move with this awareness I feel, even in the moving of the simplest of tasks, has allowed me to see my movement open up and soften, even elongate and be allowed to breathe. The imagery of the mouth has been another interesting one, in terms of I've heard others say they struggle to connect with this stimulus but, in my own moving, I found a way to use it where it was another initiation point for me and I noticed a different quality to my moving, which allowed me to experiment with weight. Weight is one thing this month that I feel I've played with; my one goal has been from the star...
Task 1: Learning about the Arthrometric model was interesting for me, I tended to notice what movement was coming from my hips and shoulders in the central zone. When running around the room, I was practising articulating my feet (using my metatarsals, hinge joint) and the gliding joints in my feet. I find that knowing the terminology for different parts of your body helps to image them when moving. I didn't fully know what to notice or understand the purpose. Learning about the radial symmetry was informative, ie; elbows and knees are biaxial, cannot alter direction but can offer full range in movement, and the joints from the knees to the ankles are triaxial, as are joints from elbow to hand. It's quite complicated and would take a few physical exercises of exploration, to fully grasp . The Arthrometric Model Source: Andrea Olsen - Body Stories Task 2: It was interesting to learn about the ribs because I didn't know much about the anatomy of how the rib...
To start the session by melting when a partner nudges you was a nice experience for me; personally, I like moving in this way. It eventually progressed until four of us were doing it, initiating the movement for each other and receiving, which became our own 'nudging dance'. The next exercise reminded me of what we did earlier in the week in theatre, to do with suspending the torso. It's amazing how its so much difference when you suspend your torso and manipulate your weight into different areas of the body and how much difference it makes. Posture looks so much better when lifting, and you find that it actually takes more energy to walk normally than to walk with your weight lidted(torso suspended). It also reminded me of the rib and pelvis work in movement tasks. I was trying to imagine the spaces inbetween my ribs, but I could mainly picture the pelvis. I find it harder to picture the ribs for some unknown reason. I found gliding while the torso was suspended awkw...
Comments
Post a Comment